I found this recipe for pizza inside a box of yeast , before trying this out , i hadn’t baked a pizza in my life and trust me, it’s not difficult, if an amateur like me can make it, it must be kinda fool proof.
For toppings, you can use anything your heart desire, I used tuna mayo as it’s tasty and easy, you can add sausages, pineapple slices, nuts, raisins, olives, anything lahh. I am interested to try making satay pizza one day
Dough ( to make one 8” pizza)
Flour 125g (sifted)
Yeast 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Water 75 ml
1/2 tin ( 1 tin is 185g) tuna mayonnaise
1 tomato ( remove the seeds – if not , the topping will be watery )
Grated cheddar cheese
Cooking Oil ( or use olive oil)
1. Add sugar, salt and yeast into flour in a mixing bowl and mixed well, slowly add water into the mixture while kneading . You might need to reduce or add the volume of water ( the volume will depend on the quality of the flour) , e.g. if after adding all the water and you find that the dough is too dry ( loose flour in the bowl that will not stick to the dough) you might need to add more water. Knead for about 10 – 15 mins until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky and cover the dough with a wet hanky , leave for ~ 30 mins ( or until the dough double in size)
2. prepare the topping : diced the onions, capsicum and tomato and mixed into the tuna. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
3. use a rolling pin and roll the dough to fit the baking pan. Rub some oil on the pan and place the dough into the pan
4. Brush the dough surface with tomato ketchup, and apply the toppings. If you have some grated cheese and /or dried herbs, sprinkle these on the surface
5. Leave the pizza for 30 mins
6. bake in a preheated oven ( 180C) for ~ 30 mins
NB: If you like thin crust pizza, just rolled a thinner dough.
NB2: preparation time is not that long and more time is idle actually for proofing the dough/pizza , so while waiting, you can prepare the topping, go for a short jog, wash your car, etc etc…Total time is about 2 hours.